Wednesday, September 27, 2006

No Surveying Without Representation

I staged a mini-strike today.

The head of my shop, and "lead EA" for the det handed me a set of prints and asked me to go set out stakes for a ditch this morning.
No Problem.

Upon arrival at the site, I noticed in the title block of the prints it said his name in the following blocks:
Designed By- alright
Drawn By- alright
Surveyed By- wait a second....

Upon realization that he was taking credit for the survey work that I was doing, I stopped.
I took elevation shots that the Equipment Operators needed to start their project on Thursday.
I looked at the plans and the project that I was supposed to survey.
But I didn't put out a single stake.

Maybe it's vanity, but if I'm the one doing the surveying for a project (and I always am, I call myself the lead EA and him the "Office Manager") I would like recognition for my work, because I know that if something is wrong he'll put the blame on me, but if it comes out perfect (which it never does in Kuwait but nobody cares) I won't get any of the credit.

I refuse to do any more work to get Office Manager a medal.

1 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Blogger Jessica said...

If Office Manager 2-2 gets a medal I'm holding you personally responsible. And trust me when I tell you it won't be pretty.

What about some glaringly incorrect stakes?

Any Joker:"Who did the surveying for the ditch? It's ALL fucked up."

You: shrug... "Take a look at the prints. They should say who did the surveying."

AJ: "Figures. I heard that piece of shit failed RASO school."

You: chuckeling... "Yea, he did. Big time."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home