Friday, November 03, 2006

Fresh Fish

This morning the reserve battallion we were working with left camp to go back home.
A few hours ago their replacements arrived.

And they didn't send another EA...
Meaning that there are two of us here trying to get more work than any other camp (probably anybody in battallion) done. Which means that standing by and watching 2-2 fuck his way through project after project doing things the hard way, taking no responsibility for any mistakes but taking full credit for anything done correctly, isn't going to work anymore.

I told some of the people here a thought I have and I think it's true.

The more EA's I work with, the more I realize that I'm better than them at our job.

I don't this makes me look good, I think it makes all of us look bad. When a second class can't answer simple questions about work that he did 3 hours ago out on a project, but instead answers "I would have to go look at what I did today to tell you" that is unacceptable. If you want to style yourself as "Engineering Support" for projects, and look down on everyone around you because you think that you are smarter than them, then you'd better be able to remember shit that you did throughout the course of the day.

This sort of changed course from my original idea and turned into a rant, but I don't really give a shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home