Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Writing on the Wall

I've heard the expression "I can read the writing on the wall" before but, to be honest, I've never understood exactly what it means. However today I had a literal experience with reading the writing on the wall:

The port-o-shitters on camp have always been, and always will be, a blank canvas for the expressionist writings of the common man. While on FEX the heartbeat of the battallion can be read while relieving yourself. Here in Kuwait you can tell if the Army sucks dick, if the Marines suck dick, or if the Air Force takes it in the ass. You can find out who's mom is the best in bed and which units are the "baddest mother fuckers." This morning after breakfast I heard the call of nature and went to the nearest plastic palace to answer it. Written in friendly block letters above the urinal was the phrase:

"SMILE, because tomorrow will be worse"

Whoever wrote that up there did indeed make me smile.

1 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Blogger Christina said...

if you want, natalie will help you come up with a really long stream of obscenities to write one day while answering a long winded (see what i did there?) call from nature.

she's really good. I have a sample of her work if you want to see it (Natalie, not Mother Nature...well I guess I could send you a sample of that but that would cross the line into weird things requested by husband that I don't want to do....)

I should shut up now, I don't seem to have a filter anymore.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home